Lost / Found
Tips To Find Your Lost Pet
- Canvass neighbours and walk through your neighbourhood.
- Visit the Kingston Humane Society and fill out a lost pet report
- Continue to VISIT the shelter every few days to look for your pet
- Make “Lost” posters for the neighbourhood that include a photo.
- Place ads in local papers. (Kingston Whig Standard is free for 3 days)
- Call or visit vet clinics in your area and leave photos of your pet.
- Contact your local Animal Control.
- Expand your search by calling shelters in surrounding cities.
- Post ads on websites such as Kijiji, Petfinder, and craigslist.
LOST/FOUND REPORTS WILL EXPIRE ONE WEEK AFTER BEING SUBMITTED. Pet owners are required to renew their reports regularly by visiting or contacting the shelter. Please advise the shelter to cancel a lost report when pet is located.
Visit www.catsinthebag.org for even more practical tips and advice to assist with locating your pet!
Make Your Pet Traceable
Get your pet microchipped as a permanent form of identification so that in the event that they do get lost they can be returned to you.